Thursday, February 16, 2023

Frozen in Time- California 2015

 





























This morning I came across these photos from our trip to California 2015.  This trip encapsulates all that is the Carter family; spontaneous, fun, laid back, lives in the moment, loves simplicity and flexibility, finds adventure anywhere, the best of friends.  I love these photos.  They are absolutely priceless to me.  I realize that we will never relive a trip like this.  My kids are the easiest and best people to be around and our ring leader is a fun-loving, Peter Pan of a boy, trapped in an adult's life.  He does his best to find the fun and bring us all into his world.  Nowhere does he do this better than in California.  This was our first trip to California and it was magic.  We extended our stay and decided to go to Disneyland on a whim.  If we were free to be completely ourselves at all times, I believe we would life day-to-day like this trip.  We had little to no plans, we rode bikes, played on the beach, took long walks, made yummy food, went to the San Diego zoo, stayed up late at night laughing, sat around the campfire, walked barefoot, drove up and down the coast, watched the sunset, and just breathed in every moment.  Our family has changed so much and everyone has grown up, but at our core we are the people in these photos.  These memories will live here, frozen in time, to be loved and remembered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


Fellow Bloggers